5 Church Street
Glen Gardner, NJ 08826
Schedule of Services:
Saturdays - Great Vespers at 5 pm
Sundays - Hours at 9:45 am, Divine Liturgy at 10 am
Many thanks to all who made our Lenten Vespers on the Sunday of our Patron Saint a Spiritually Rich and Beautiful Event! [ Photos ]
Welcome! from Father Leonid
Paticipate in our Parish's Flower Donor Project
Today's Gospel Reading - OCA.ORG
April 6, 2014 Sunday Bulletin
Holy Week and after Pascha Schedule:
- Saturday, April 12th:
Lazarus Saturday * Liturgy, 9am *
Pysanky workshop * Vespers, 5pm
- Sunday, April 13th: Palm Sunday * Liturgy, 10am *
Bridegroom Matins of Holy Monday, 7pm
- Monday, April 14th: Holy Monday * Bridegroom Matins of Holy Tuesday 7pm
- Tuesday, April 15th: Holy Tuesday * Bridegroom Matins of Holy Wednesday, 7pm (Bishop Michael presiding)
- Wednesday, April 16th: Holy Wednesday * Holy Unction, 7pm PLEASE NOTE: We prepare for Holy Unction just as we would a Presanctified Liturgy. Those who are physically able should fast after a light mid-day meal. If you have not gone to Confession during this Lenten period, please do so before the service if you wish to partake of Holy Unction.
- Thursday, April 17th: Holy Thursday *
Vesperal Liturgy, 9am: The Institution of the Eucharist
Matins of Holy Friday, 7pm: The 12 Passion Gospels
PLEASE NOTE: We will need 12 parishioners to hold candles during the Gospel readings.
- Friday, April 18th: Holy Friday
Vespers, 4pm: The placing of the burial shroud * After Vespers: French fries and applesauce (a St Tikhon's tradition!) for the coming vigil
Matins of Holy Saturday, 7pm: The Lamentations and procession with the shroud
PLEASE NOTE: We will be singing the Byzantine Lamentations this year. Everyone is invited to join in singing.
- Saturday, April 19th: Holy Saturday * Vesperal Liturgy, 9am: The Harrowing of Hades
PLEASE NOTE: We will receive Patrick Fox into the Holy Orthodox Church by Chrismation before the Liturgy.
Midnight Office, 11:30pm
- Sunday, April 20th: Great and Holy Pascha * Matins, Liturgy and Basket Blessings
12am * Agape meal: Following the Liturgy, we will rejoice together as a parish family.
Paschal Vespers, 12pm:
Please note the time change from the April calendar. This will give Matushka and me time to visit with our family. Thank you for understanding!
- Thursday, April 24th: Bright Thursday * Paschal Vespers 7pm
- Friday, April 25th: Bright Friday * Paschal Liturgy, 9am: The Life-Giving Spring of the Theotokos
- Saturday, April 26th: Bright Saturday * Vespers, 5pm
- Sunday, April 27th: Thomas Sunday * Liturgy, 10am
The Light of Tabor Newsletter - Mar. 2014
Previous Newsletters are on our Liturgical Blog
Many thanks to all who joined-in on our "Rough Rider" Road Rally sponsored by our Fellowship of Orthodox Christians in America (FOCA) Chapter.
Welcome to our Parish and information about Orthodoxy - English
June 2013 Consecration: On NYNJOCA.ORG
Photos: A, B, C, Souvenir Ad Book (4 MB)
Click Here If Index Does Not Appear at Left
Return to Classic home stgregoca.org
Updated: April 18, 2014